To migrate CIAO to a new server you will need to consider a few things before you start the process.
If the new server has a different server name than the existing one, migrating CIAO is a major undertaking. One of the reasons is that path names are used to track all history for all databases. As a result, changing the server name would, in fact, break that history.
To maintain that history, one will need to either use Teamstudio Configurator or write a custom agent to change the server names in the CIAO! Configuration database, all CIAO log databases, and any other databases related to CIAO.
- Install CIAO! Server on the new Domino server. See here.
- Replicate all development databases to the new Dev server, ideally, keep the same file pathnames
- Copy the teamstudio.ini from the old server to the new server ensuring that they key will work with the version of the product you installed on the new server.
- Ensure that the path to the configuration is correct that you will be copying over from the old server.
CIAO! Configuration Database
- Copy/Replicate the CIAO! Configuration database to the new Dev server
- Using Teamstudio Configurator (or a custom made agent), search and replace the old server name with the new one in the documents
CIAO! Log Database(s)
- Copy/Replicate the CIAO! Log database(s) to the new Dev server.
- In each CIAO Log on the new server, select the whole history for a database and run Actions, Repair Selected History. Choose the new CIAO config database, then choose the CIAO configuration document that relates to the selected history.
- Open the database on the new server in the CIAO client and confirm that the history has the previous versions displayed.
- Reconfigure any CIAO! clients to point towards the migrated configuration database on the new server.