You can use any Notes database or template as a library. Using Design Manager to manage these templates provides several benefits that complement linking elements using Notes templates:
- You can manage and control linking with Design Manager. Design Manager’s Library (left) and Database (right) panes show template-linked elements in bold typeface, making it easy to determine from which template elements are inherited.
- Design Manager includes additional features to help you with development and to improve consistency. For example, Scan for Dependencies finds any missing dependent elements. Group Objects allows you to associate a set of design elements into a single reference name that you can then drag and drop into target databases.
- Design Manager identifies dependencies and automatically copies them to the target database design if necessary.
- With Design Manager, you can track the history of elements copied from a library file to a database you specify.
- Design Manager lets you view all elements copied to a database and all databases that an element has been copied to.
- Design Manager lets you change the design refresh property on one or more databases at a time.