If, when you click on the icon for your Edition 32 NotesTools, nothing happens or you get an error message, please check your Windows PATH environment variable.
To do this follow these steps
- From the Windows start menu, select Command Prompt or type
- At the Command Prompt window, type
- Check that the path contains either of the following;
C:\Program Files\Teamstudio\Notes Tools\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Teamstudio\Notes Tools\bin)
- If your path does not contain either of these, check where you installed the tools. By default it's one of the above directories. So if you didn't change it then try the following.
If you are in a secured environment then you may need to ask your administration team to add this to your Windows profile.
If you are not in a secured environment then you can do this yourself by following these steps.
- From the Windows start menu type
environment,and then select the highlighted option below.
- This should open the following dialog where you should click the Environment Variable button near the bottom.
- You will see the option for the
PATHin the top area of the new dialog box. Double click on this entry to be able to edit the entries in it.
- Then you will see the current Environment Variables for you in Windows. Click the Add button on the right and put the path to the
- When you have added the correct directory, you can click on the OK button until all the dialogs you have just opened are gone.
When you run Notes again it should allow you to run the NotesTools from the icons. If this is not the case, click the blue HELP button on this screen to contact support for assistance.